Whether you are relocating to a new country (and probably a new job!), or returning home, moving home can be stressful. Let us help you navigate the options available so your move is as smooth as possible.
There are several options for moving personal effects:
1. Air Freight - great for smaller or urgent shipments. Saudi Arabia is an Import country therefore air freight exports are relatively cheap and very cost effective. Shipments will often be in the destination country within a week subject to availability. For relocations to other countries this can also be the cheapest option compared to the current high sea freight costs.
2. Sea Freight, FCL - Full container load is where the customer takes the option of paying for all of a sea shipping container. For large household moves this is the best option as the container will usually be loaded outside your property and then taken to the shipping line for transit to your required port. FCL is also the best option if you are shipping a car. The two most common options are 20 foot and 40 foot containers that are 8 foot square by the relevant length. This allows for approximately 28-32 CBM (cubic meters) and 55-60 CBM in one shipment.
3. Sea Freight, LCL - Less than container load, where various customers have their shipment put together in one container. Please note this option is not available for relocations to/from Saudi Arabia.
4. Road Freight - When travelling between countries across the Arabian peninsular we can often offer competitive rates by road.
5. RORO - Roll on, Roll off service's are designed for over size and / or wheeled transport. Often used for the transport of large vehicles when they will not fit within a standard shipping container.
For each relocation you choose the services you want, this could be a full a full 'drawer to drawer' packing service, or we can simply collect pre-packed boxes. We can also provide storage at origin or destination if you are unsure of your final delivery address.
Contact us today to arrange a survey so we can provide you with a personalised quotation for your move.
Home Contents/Cargo Insurance
Many people pore over cover levels and costs for their household and car insurance at home but on arrival in Kingdom they take for granted that their compound / employers insurance covers are of a similar level.
We work with Al Thaneyan Insurance Brokers Co Ltd for our cargo insurance and are proud to recommend their services to our clients for their personal household and car insurance.
As a Saudi insurance broker, Al Thaneyan can provide quotations for all types of local cover and as part of an international brokerage they can also provide advice on worldwide insurance products. Did you know that if you insure your car with them you may even be able to transfer your no claims bonus gained in Saudi Arabia when you return to the UK?